Newtown, Connecticut

I purchased an Ultra hot tub cover from HotTubWorks.com. The cover I chose was recommended for colder climates; “ULTRA, Made for Snowy Weather”; which I paid extra for. According to the description and pictures, the Ultra cover offered a “Continuous Heat Seal- Not only a popular option for colder climates, but anyone who would like to see their energy bill decrease monthly, this seal runs through the entire length of the fold and virtually eliminates heat loss through the hinge”. When the tub arrived, I noticed that the “continuous heat seal” was not continuous. It didn’t look like the picture that I had seen on their web site. The seal was only 2 ½” wide, with two longer flaps on each edge that were the same color and length of the cover at the hinge. I called HotTubWorks and was assured that this was how their covers were manufactured, and that the cover would perform as described.

I noticed steam escaping from the edge of the tub where the longer flaps met the 2 ½” piece, and icicles were forming on the skirt. After about a month, I noticed the water level in my tub going down. Then it snowed. The snow melted along the entire hinge.

After repeated emails with customer service, I was told that there was nothing wrong with the cover- That it had been manufactured and was "deliberately designed so that a small amount of heat can escape".

So much for their “HotTubWorks 5 Star Cover Care Service” that states “In the end, we won’t be satisfied until you are.”

I have had 2 covers from other manufacturers before this cover, and NEVER had any issues with heat loss like this. I am literally watching money evaporate as we speak. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

Had an Experience with Hot Tub Works?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion