I purchased an Ultra hot tub cover from HotTubWorks.com. The cover I chose was recommended for colder climates; “ULTRA, Made for Snowy Weather”; which I paid extra for. According to the description and pictures, the Ultra cover offered a “Continuous Heat Seal- Not only a popular option for colder climates, but anyone who would like to see their energy bill decrease monthly, this seal runs through the entire length of the fold and virtually eliminates heat loss through the hinge”. When the tub arrived, I noticed that the “continuous heat seal” was not continuous. It didn’t look like the picture that I had seen on their web site. The seal was only 2 ½” wide, with two longer flaps on each edge that were the same color and length of the cover at the hinge. I called HotTubWorks and was assured that this was how their covers were manufactured, and that the cover would perform as described.
I noticed steam escaping from the edge of the tub where the longer flaps met the 2 ½” piece, and icicles were forming on the skirt. After about a month, I noticed the water level in my tub going down. Then it snowed. The snow melted along the entire hinge.
After repeated emails with customer service, I was told that there was nothing wrong with the cover- That it had been manufactured and was "deliberately designed so that a small amount of heat can escape".
So much for their “HotTubWorks 5 Star Cover Care Service” that states “In the end, we won’t be satisfied until you are.”
I have had 2 covers from other manufacturers before this cover, and NEVER had any issues with heat loss like this. I am literally watching money evaporate as we speak. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Ultra Spa Cover
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I bought an excess inventory Thermospa Pool Cover CT on 28 November 2011 at advertised price. It took two months before they finally delivered. It arrived two days..."
- "We recently moved into a new to us home with a MasterSpa. We had a Beachcomber at our previous home and loved how economical it was to run. I am..."
- "This is my fourth experience with a bait and switch scam at the Lowe's in Hattiesburg, MS. I have reported two of them to corporate, but they..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "The short reason is she doesn't offer refunds because returns are forbidden by German law on hygienic grounds. We have similar laws here. However, I checked the sites of several..."
- "I heated up a can of Progresso Traditional Chicken Noodle Soup. While eating a bowl of Progresso Traditional Chicken Soup I bit into something hard and thought that I had..."